Skip to main content

APHOGEE 2 STEP PROTEIN TREATMENT REVIEW

Hi guys,
   I don't know if I have mentioned it before but I have been shedding like crazy for months. I don't know how I still have any hair left on my head. My hair is also breaking and doesn't seem to retain moisture as much as it used to. After a really terrible day of detangling( I use a wide tooth comb now) and I knew I had to get help. I have seen quite a few Instagram testimonials on the Aphogee 2 Step Protein Treatment so I decided to try it out. Its a hard protein treatment that promises to stop breakage and shedding. I read a few reviews online first then I got right into it.

I decided to get the sachets since its my first time. The white sachet contains the protein treatment while the lilac sachet is the balancing moisturiser.  N1000 






The instructions were simple.


To begin I laid out my products. From left to right- Aussie moist conditioner , applicator bottle, ORS shampoo, ORS replenishing conditioner(DC) and the Aphogee treatment.

     STEP ONE: PREPARATION
  • I thoroughly detangled my hair. I did this because the treatment makes hair very hard so to prevent severe tangling and breakage during the process its best to detangle first.
  • Shampooed with the ORS creamy Aloe shampoo. Its best to shampoo the hair before applying a protein treatment to get the best results.
  • Sectioned my hair into 4 twists to make my hair easier to manage.


Freshly shampooed twists
STEP TWO: APPLICATION
  • After reading the instructions I donned plastic gloves and set to work. I opened the sachet and poured its contents into an applicator bottle to make it easier to apply and to reduce spillage.
  • I applied the treatment liberally on each twist concentrating on the ends before I moved up to the roots.
  • When I was done I brought out my long abandoned blow-dryer to dry the hair. I wish I could have skipped this step but I wanted to follow the instructions on the pack to the letter so I could get the best results. I blow-dried on a  medium setting for about 15minutes. The hair became really hard and shrunk up into 4 small balls.


I poured the treatment into the applicator bottle.



I loosened the twists to shorten drying time. After 15 minutes of blow-drying my hair was as hard as the bristles of a scrubbing brush and it had shrunk to a TWA

STEP THREE: MOISTURE BALANCING
  • As soon as the treatment dried up I went under the shower and let warm water run down my hair till the treatment washed out. I did not agitate the hair at all. I just let the water do the work.
  • After I rinsed thoroughly with warm water I applied the accompanying balancing moisturiser( lilac sachet) all over my hair and I left it on for two minutes before rinsing it off.  My hair felt  like it had lost 60 % of its length. its wasn't as soft as I wanted it to be so I immediately co washed with the Aussie Moist conditioner. After I rinsed off I deep conditioned with the ORS replenishing conditioner.


Right after rinsing out the protein treatment


After conditioning with Aussie Moist I got some of my length back

After deep conditioning my hair felt a lot softer and less shrunken

RESULTS
After doing the treatment I wasn't sure if I would go through the process again because of the blow-drying required. This was the first time I was using heat in over two years and I wasn't too pleased but i soon had a change of mind when I saw my results:


Incredible right?
Aphogee recommends the treatment be done every 6 weeks but I think that's too often for my hair. I must say that while my hair feels stronger and the shedding has lessened considerably my hair feels a lot drier. I'm constantly moisturising now and I might get a trim soon. All in all the treatment packs a solid protein punch and i will revisit it in due time.  

Thanks for stopping by,

KimB


Comments

  1. I pray my hair doesnt break o cos I'm way too lazy to follow these step. Crushing on your hair length.

    Epiphany29.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. come on girl! You cant afford to be lazy. This natural hair business requires diligence o

      Delete
  2. Great review dear! I love the treatment for when I'm too lazy to henna and from salon experience, it's a hair saver for damaged relaxed hair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks doll. I'm saving my strength for henna now.

      Delete
  3. I doubt I'll be doing this, My own hair laziness is out of this world, I haven't even tried the henna I bought 4months ago... I need the natural spirit of trying new things

    ReplyDelete
  4. My hair is relaxed and has had its fair share of shedding and breaking. It would benefit from a protein treatment..which I've never done.
    But do I have the patience for this?. Maybe I will try it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have always wanted to try this but have had some doubts due to it's mixed reviews. But after reading this detailed review, I'm going to give it a try. Thanks for sharing this! Great review!
    Coily Head of Hair

    ReplyDelete
  6. https://indiameds.in/Baidyanath%20products%20online%20buy

    ReplyDelete
  7. According to ApHogee it is the vitamins & minerals in the product that are important for healthy hair.
    Ingredients: ApHogee Supplement for Healthy Hair are: Vitamin E, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Folic Acid, Vitamin B12, Biotin, Pantothenic Acid, Zinc, Molybdenum, DL-Methionine, Silica, Fo Ti Root Extract, Lycium Berry Extract, Dong Quai Root 5:1 Extract, Soy Lecithin, Organic Sulfur Complex, Protein Hydrolysate. Other Ingredients listed by a very small percentage: Dicalcium Phosphate, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Croscarmellose Sodium, Stearic Acid, Magnesium Stearate, Calcium Silicate and Hypromellose, Hydroxypropyl Cellulose, Titanium Dioxide, and Riboflavin.

    aphogee vitamin supplement for healthy hair

    ReplyDelete
  8. Please where did you buy the sachet afrogee from I am in Nigeria

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

PRODUCT REVIEW // ORS REPLENISHING CONDITIONER

Hi guys,                                                                                                                                                      I'm here with another review. This time its the ORS REPLENISHING CONDITIONER. Do not let the name fool you, it's actually a deep conditioner and not a wash out conditioner. Here's my honest review: Meet the product:     Product claims:   Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil Replenishing Conditioner helps to restore moisture & repair  damaged hair. Ingredients: Water, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Glycerin, Polyquaternium 37, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Quaternium 80, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Citral , D Limonene, Linalool, , Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate , Dicaprate, PPG 1 Trideceth 6, Panthenol, Silk Amino Acids, PEG 9 Dimethicone, Anthemis Nobilis Extract (Chamomile), Salvia Officinalis Extract (Sage), Urtica Dioica Extract (Nettle), Rosmarinus Officinal

DIY// HOW TO MAKE AN APPLICATOR BOTTLE

Hi guys,      I hope you are all doing well. I have missed blogging so much and I feel really good that I can now so it more often since my schedule is getting a bit less crowded. I also hope you like the new blog design.     If you live in Nigeria then you are aware that things are getting out of hand financially. The recession is hitting really hard and it seems no one is immune. Inspite of this I do not want my Fro to suffer so I am working on making a lot of homemade products and utensils to ensure my hair doesn't feel the strain of the harsh economy.    Today I will be showing you how to make an APPLICATOR bottle from any old plastic bottle you have at home. Why bother you ask? Read my post about different ways to use an  Applicator bottle .       Let's get right into it. Here's what you'll need: Small plastic bottle with cover A candle/lighter/gas A match stick Scissors METHOD 1. Remove the bottle cover from the bottle. Using the scissors hold t

How to create a a sleek faux bun with short natural hair!!!!

Hi people!    So its been a while since my last post and I apologize. I have been all kinds of busy but I have got something really cool for you all today. I haven't really done any hairstyle posts on this blog  because in my bid to retain length I just cornrow and throw on a wig. I have been doing that for months with the random Afro-puff thrown in once in awhile but this week I just wasn't  in the mood for any of my wigs. I decided to finally do something I have been dying to do: a faux bun!! Its super easy just follow the steps below and you'll be rocking your faux bun in a couple of minutes :-)                                                                                                Preparing my hair I stretched my hair with my cornrows first. I took out the braids then moisturised and sealed: My stretched hair  I sectioned my hair into 2 parts. I started from the front section. I added some Ecostyler gel, brushed it lightly with a toothbrush and pulled